Saturday, June 12, 2010

Outside the Box

One of Ian and my biggest frustrations with Korean culture is "group think."  Unlike in our native society, creativity and individuality are not encouraged here (that's true of most Asian cultures).  Our students and most of the adults we interact with have a noticeable lack of critical thinking skills because of this.  


 I found this sticker album at E-Mart while I was looking for birthday presents for Grant.  See all the tan silhouettes?  That's where the stickers go, because, you know, you wouldn't want your kid to put them in the 'wrong' places.


The World Cup is on and Korea is currently playing Greece.  They are ahead 2:0 and most experts predict Korea's victory.  Every time something interesting happens in the game, you can hear the whole neighborhood shout and cheer.  It's like the Superbowl, only it's more about the sport.  I personally hope Korea does well, as I found my Red Devils shirt today at the Converse store downtown.  It doesn't say "Korea Fighting," but it does say "We are Sure to Victory," which is equally awesome.  I'll be sure to post a picture of it soon.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I too hope Korea does well in the world cup. Can't wait to see the shirt. Hope you two are having a wonderful weekend. The weather here is finally nice.

    ReplyDelete