Sunday, June 27, 2010

Inner Child

When I was a kid, I was really into making bracelets out of embroidery thread.  At first, they were simple braided things, but then I learned a few different knot patterns and they got more interesting.  Unfortunately, I've forgotten most of the patterns.

Today, Ian and I were in the Daiso downtown and I saw a packet of embroidery thread for 2000 won.  I couldn't resist.  So, I spent several hours today making silly little bracelets and necklaces.

I made Amy a little bracelet.

And myself one, too.

I got these two dol hareubang (grandfathers) from Jeju Island.  I bought them specifically to make a necklace.


We had two ¥50 coins, which have holes in them, so I decided to make another necklace.


The two necklaces share a lot of elements, so they can be warn layered or separately.  I'm pretty stoked about them.

Good night! 

2 comments:

  1. very nice necklaces and bracelets. I was remembering 4-H camp. and all the crafting stations , remember how you rotate every half hour or something. I even got into making lanyards. Too much fun. Glad you rediscovered your inner craft child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute stuff! looove the Jeju grandfathers!

    ReplyDelete