Friday, June 18, 2010

Loose Lips Sink Ships

Ian's a big fan of these propaganda posters and today's events reminded me of this one.

Randomly, and in passing, Danny said something very troubling to Ian.  He said, "So, I heard you might be leaving soon."  To which Ian replied, "Not that I know of.  Who said that?"  Danny just seemed confused and said he didn't know.  Since they live together, we figured that it was probably Montana who said something.  So, Ian mentioned to Montana what we'd heard and asked him if he knew anything specific.  In true Montana form, he vaguely alluded to Julia being the boss and him not knowing anything.  He said we'd all discuss it on Monday (here's to a relaxing weekend, right?).  Montana's a good guy, but he hasn't proven any help when it comes to Julia.

So, Ian and I spent the day vaguely nauseated and anxious.  Our Europe plans may be for naught.  I had gotten a little too attached to the idea of having my birthday in Paris and I'm trying really hard not to pity myself (prematurely, I hope).  Our tickets to SE Asia are nonrefundable, but if we do get fired on Monday, we'll be calling to see if we can change the end destination on our ticket from Siem Reap.

I can't wait for this ordeal to be over.  However, I'd like my effort to be worth something and I'd like to complete our contracts.

Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. That just makes me feel sick.
    Try to relax this weekend. Do something fun. Eat something tasty. Try not to worry, or else you will get no sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sick to my stomach too. If this is going to be her way of getting out of contracts....well, this woman needs to be stopped. I hope you spend part of the weekend planning a strategy if she lets you go. Even if it is only to try to do your part in making sure that no one will want to work for Yoon's. Make sure they are black listed. What ever that takes. If I can help on my end I will be more than happy to do that.

    But maybe it is not as it seems,and you will be having your Birthday in Paris after all, so try to at least have a descent weekend, is there any movies you guys have not seen?

    ReplyDelete