Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Shelter in Need

I follow Laurie Cinotto's blog, The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee, very closely.  She gives a great deal of her self to animals in need through the fostering program at the Tacoma / Pierce County Humane Society.  Back in August, she helped a whole bunch of people donate money for new cat facilities there.  It's even named after her adult resident cat, Charlene Butterbean (it's called the Charlene Butterbean Quarantine).  She's also an artist, a crafter and all around cool lady.  I fostered for the PCHS while I was in university (that's how I met my wonderful Ava cat), but I never had the opportunity to meet Laurie.

She's brought a recent tragedy to my attention, and I thought I'd spread the word.  The Berkley East Bay Humane Society needs help. They've had an electrical fire that wiped out their entire cat sheltering are and 15 adoptable cats lost their lives.  If you're interested in helping out, visit their website for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment