Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tentatively Moving On

Mom's rapidly approaching visit has made it easier to start moving beyond Julia's meltdown.  Work was completely normal and anxiety free for me and Julia isn't leaning on Ian quite so much.  I think it's pretty safe to say that the whole ordeal was just a tantrum that began when Ian stood up to her.  She needed to see us fret and run, and now that she has, she is satisfied.  I just keep telling myself that this experience will (at the the very least) allow me to give a concrete answers when interviewers ask me what I need from a work environment to be successful.

Ian and I have taken a collective deep breath, gathered what's left of our job security and resumed talking about our travel plans.  Of course, Mom's itinerary is already planned:
  • April 24-25th (Sat/Sun) in Seoul
  • A week of showing her around Jecheon and her self-touring while we're at work
  • May 1-2 in Busan
  • May 2-5 in Jeju-do
She leaves for home on the 6th and we will be very sad.  Very, very sad.  But, when she does leave, we will only have about 100 days left in Korea.  Can you believe that?

I also printed some maps today to help us set some Southeast Asia and Europe plans in stone.

Maps!

They are building something next to Sinback Elementary school (which is right out our window).  We have no idea what it is or why it is so close to the school.

Sinback Elementary is there on the left.  The new structure is just past the school yard.

A better look.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment