Thursday, April 29, 2010

Some Moments from the Classroom

Mom took some video in my classes today and I thought I'd share a little with you.


Cameron is a young student of mine. He's a crier. Anytime something doesn't go his way he bursts into tears. But, he's also very bright. And quirky. When he feels he needs to understand something better, he has a hard time letting anyone else move on, either.


Cameron asks a question:




Mom didn't catch it on tape, but right after this he turned and said, "Cari? Are you wearing a hoodie?" in his classically too loud English.


Ann is one of my very favorite students. She's smart, silly and creative. Most Korean students are pretty satisfied with conforming (you'll see Jenny push forward with her task even while I'm distracted with Ann), but Ann is completely her own person. I tend to indulge her because I figure as long as she's practicing, there's no reason she can't express herself.

Ann talks about bodily functions:




Mom also took some video inside E-Mart, but her battery was dying, so it's a bit strange. If I can edit it, I'll post some tomorrow.


Wish Ian and I luck as we swap places tomorrow and I face a day of Julia.


Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the videos, and a chance to see so well into your world. I swear Casey, I didn't understand a word the kids said ... you do an amazing job at that. I certainly don't understand why you and Ian must trade places tomorrow. Good Luck with that ... at least you get to come home to 'Mom' at the end of a day like that.

    ReplyDelete