Saturday, February 20, 2010

Slow Start

Ian and I sat around the apartment for most of the day.  But, I did manage to upload photos to Facebook and study a smidgen of Korean; so the inactivity was not a total loss.  We also caught some figure skating and curling on t.v.  I think we're only keeping our cable subscription until the Olympics are over.  I've read on the internet that NBC is doing a pretty terrible job covering the Games.  The coverage is relatively good here, and a lot of it is live.  Unfortunately, that means that one curling match is on t.v. for over an hour.

We left for the gym around 4:15 to do our Saturday 5k.  Ian's run was rough, but mine felt really great.  I did, however, have to deal with a Korean man staring at me for the first ten minutes of my run.  His stare seemed to be a combination of foreign fetishization, frustration that I was running longer and harder than he was and his fascination with my semifunctioning sports bra (not to be crude).  I made eye contact with him three times, but that didn't seem to bother him.  When he got tired of me staring back at him, he used the mirror on his other side to stare.

But, he was soon gone to strut around the gym between sets of three, so my run greatly improved.

We saw the movie "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" tonight.  It was really terrible.  Ian still thinks that "Jeepers Creepers" is the worst movie ever made, but I think this one's a real contender.  Oh well, "Alice in Wonderland" will be here soon enough.  Though, we'll have to make a trip to Wonju to see it in 3D.

Tomorrow we'll be taking a walk around Jecheon, as the weather is supposed to be nice; so I'll be sure to take my camera.  We should have something to show you on tomorrow's post.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Creepy man! you should have had something in your hand to throw at him. Sounds like you are really enjoying running.

    I had not really thought about it, but since you mentioned it , NBC does seem to not be doing such a hot job covering the Olympics, but then again I have not watched more than a hour at one time.

    Curling , I don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curling is pretty much Bocce on ice. :)

    ReplyDelete