Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sick Day

So, I actually took a sick day today.  And I'm glad I did.  I could hardly get out of bed this morning, but after sleeping all day I feel half alive again.  Still, this post will be short.


I'm pretty sure Julia taught my classes today.  I bet that was interesting.  I'm not sure why they weren't canceled like I thought they would be.  David came by to pick up my books and brought me some rice porridge take out.  The smell made me queasy, so I didn't try any.  Plus, I have no idea whether it's vegetarian or not.  So, in the fridge it went.  Julia also sent the cable man over this morning.  That made my life very difficult, since I was still in bed.  But, I just hid under the covers.  So, now we have TV.  Mostly Korean stuff, but CNN international and several channels that play back episodes of American shows and some older movies are also included in our package.


Ian really should have stayed home today, too.  He's pretty sick.  I wish I could convince him to take a day, but he's keen on toughing it out, which means he'll probably be sick for longer.  Poor Enon.


At work, they kept trying to feed Ian today.  First they gave him warm soymilk, which made him gag.  Then they gave him redbean milk (red bean apparently has magical properties).  Finally, they gave him a sort of burrito  (with an egg tortilla) filled with rice and pork bits.  Ian took a couple bites because they told him it was vegetarian.  So, that only added to his discomfort today.


Well, we're going to settle in and hit th hay soon.  Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh...Ian sounds like his dad who won't rest to get better either. I'm glad to hear that your day of rest helped. That's often the best thing you can do for yourself.

    It's cool you have a bit of TV now. At least it gives you an option, especially if you're sick and even reading seems like too-too much to do.

    Sending good vibes that you'll both be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make you both all better. I am for sure sending a multivitamin for you both to take, and Astragulas. And you can't argue anymore about taking it. Your mother says so. Love you both, hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete